Friday, September 12, 2008

Breakfast Burritos

Medium size tortillas
eggs
breakfast meats (bacon, sausage)
shredded cheese
hash browns of some sort (I actually use Crispy Crowns)

I make these in bulk to freeze and then we wrap them in a paper towel and microwave them for lunches.

Each burrito contains a little more than 1 egg (I can get ten burritos from a dozen eggs). I scramble them in the pan and then dump them in a big bowl for the assembly line.

I cook the Crispy Crowns and the bacon in the oven. The Crispy Crowns on a baking sheet and the bacon in a broiler pan to let the grease drip off. Sausage is good, too, but I don't like sausage, so I tend not to use it.

Then just put whatever you want in the tortilla--eggs, cheese, potatoes, Crispy Crowns, bacon, onions, mushrooms, whatever!--wrap it up tightly and then wrap it in aluminum foil.

Alex likes his with just egg and cheese, so I make a bunch with just that, but everyone else likes everything in them. You can serve them with a side of salsa to dip it in as you eat.

No comments: