Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fried Rice (Amanda)

2 cups rice (cooked)
assorted veggies cut up (I use shredded carrots, diced onion, zucchini, bean sprouts, and a handful of assorted frozen veggies--that big Costco organic bag)
2 eggs
soy sauce

In a hot wok, saute the veggies in a bit of olive oil or butter.
When the veggies are a bit tender, toss in the two eggs to scramble up with the veggies.
Add the rice.
Drizzle all with soy sauce to taste.
Let is sit on warm for a few minutes.

I serve this as a vegetarian meal, but you could add thinly sliced beef, shrimp, chicken, or pork, just as you'd find on a restaurant menu.

2 comments:

RitaTheBookworm said...

Ooooh, I needed a good fried rice recipe. I have this killer chicken dish that we make with Trader Joe's Soyaki sauce I'll have to put up. I buy boxed fried rice, but you know, it's just not anywhere near the same.

We should start thinking about organizing the sidebar of the blog somewhat, too.

Ann Marie said...

My kids love fried rice, I find that adding sesame oil makes it really taste good (more fat but yum!)